Vacancies at Ourvets
Applicants should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Qualified Veterinary Nurse
An exciting opportunity exists for a Veterinary Nurse to join a well-established, Best Practice accredited companion animal clinic, located in Christchurch. Christchurch is a vibrant, multicultural city that offers a range of sporting pursuits, including water skiing and mountain biking. With an airport in close vicinity, the ski slopes within an hours’ drive and great schools on offer, Christchurch is the sea change you have been looking for.
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced Nurse to join our passionate team. Working across three well equipped clinics within a seven Vet network, you will have access to great facilities including an in-house laboratory, digital x-ray machine, ultrasonography, CT scanner and emergency and critical care equipment.
What we are looking for:
• An minimum of 3 years’ experience in Veterinary Nursing with appropriate qualifications
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated client relationship building skills
• A hard working and a hands-on approach to your work
• A willingness to roll up your sleeves and get involved at all levels, with energy and drive
• Effective time management and organisation skills
What we are offering:
• Sponsorship and working visa for overseas candidates
• Annual study allowance and study leave, with access to our Training Centre of Excellence
• Focus and commitment on your professional development
• Access to a great team of Veterinarians and Nurses
• We will encourage you to utilise your skills for IV placement, blood collection and other laboratory processing, x-rays, general anesthetic monitoring, surgical and inpatient nursing.
• Flexibility and adventure with the possibility of working across any one of our NVC clinics nationally if you so desire.
If you are interested in working with a great team with plenty of support and rewarding cases, please email your application to Shanda Woods, Recruitment Coordinator, via [email protected]