What do I need to know before my pet comes in for surgery?
- Cats and dogs: Please take away all food after 9pm the night before surgery. Water does not need to be restricted.
- Rabbits and other small pets don’t need to be starved before an anesthetic. A vet or nurse will discuss their specific requirements with you. If you are bringing in a rabbit or other small pet we ask that you bring in a small amount of their normal food.
- Please bring your pet to the clinic between 7.30am and 8.30am on the day of the surgery.
- If your pet is on medication your vet will discuss with you whether or not this needs to be stopped.
- A vet or nurse will call you with an update once your pet is up and about and will let you know when you can pick him/her up.
- Written discharge instructions are provided. A vet or nurse will go through everything with you when you pick up your pet.
Any further questions, please do not hesitate to call us!