Puppy preschool class
Why should you enrol?
- You can actually increase the capacity for your puppy to learn in the future by teaching them now!
- By the time your puppy is age 7 weeks, he/she is absorbing information about sights, sounds and experiences that they will use for the rest of their lives.
- Puppies need to be socialised to people, places and other puppies to fully develop their potential.
- Research has shown that between 7 and 12 weeks of age behaviours can be easily shaped or modified and it is the fastest learning period in a dog’s life.
What will you and your puppy learn?
- Basic commands like sit, down, come, stay, walk and off.
- Making the puppy part of your family
- Toilet training
- Stages of development
- Dog language and communication
- Being a responsible dog owner
- Care for your dog
- Methods to train and teach your puppy and much more!
Who runs the classes?
Anne Benson is a graduate of the NZQA National Certificate in Dog Training and Handling Management course and has also completed the Massey University Principles of Canine Behaviour Certificate. Anne’s own dog is a working trials champion which includes, tracking, obedience and agility. Anne uses positive reinforcement and operant conditioning methods that will make you and your puppy think training is easy and fun!
How do I sign up?
Your puppy should be between 8 to 14 weeks of age and have started its vaccinations. Classes are taught at ourvets St Albans on a Monday night – helping the puppy to develop positive associations with the clinic. That helps future visits to be less stressful and even fun for the dog and the owner! Classes are held in the evening for 4 weeks.
Contact Anne on 980-0951 to reserve your place or contact us!
For Puppy food,training aids and all the supplies you need for a happy, healthy dog, call in and see us. Please bring your puppy !!!