Did you know that the skin is our bodies largest organ and performs amazing functions to keep us (and our pets) healthy? In October and November all consultations and vaccinations will come with an extra emphasis on skin examination at no extra charge.
In spring we see an increase in cats and dogs presenting to the vet clinic for a range of different skin issues. External parasites like fleas become a problem and cats and dogs begin to spend an increasing amount of time outside. Coincidentally in spring there is a surge in environmental allergens (like dusts and pollens). These may result in pets suffering from contact allergies or atopic dermatitis. Our pets may become itchy!
Have you noticed:
· an increase in grooming or scratching?
· wounds that are slow to heal?
· changes in existing skin conditions, lumps or bumps?
We understand how important your pet is to you and your family. By providing preventative approaches to your pets health and welfare, we aim to give your pet a happier and more healthy life.
Exclusive ourvets October promotions
Discounted laboratory testing
20% discount on all skin health related laboratory tests (Allergy, Cytology & Histology tests)
Discounted skin health & wellness products
20% discount on the following products in clinic:
- Slip slop slap – Filta-Bac & Filta-Clear creams for blocking out those skin damaging UV rays
- Bad hair day– Resisooth, Avoleen, PetHead & Shear Magic Shampoo & Conditioners, Shear Magic, Kongs & GlamourPuss grooming tools
The Royal Canin “Great Skin 12 week Challenge”
The Royal Canin “Great Skin 12 Week Challenge” starts in October. The aim of this is to support your pet through their transition to a new diet (following a dermatology consultation and diagnosis by one of the ourvets team).
When you register for the Royal Canin 12 Week Challenge, you’ll receive:
- a Starter Pack containingdiscounts on your first 3 purchases
- a free bag of food and food storage container when you and your pet complete the Challenge
- at the end of the 12 weeks, you’ll go in the draw to win 1 of 5 major prizes including a year’s free food and a Canon digital camera
We look forward to seeing you soon and if you have any concerns about your pet’s skin please call us today.
From Dr Geoff and the team at ourvets