At Ourvets we have digital radiography.
Digital radiography represents a huge advancement in medical imaging. Image quality of digital radiography is superior to conventional film. It also allows instantaneous assessment of images, manipulation and permanent storage.
It improves safety by reducing the number of retakes and radiation and removing exposure to development chemicals.
Special radiography techniques using special contrast dyes and markers can be employed for diagnosis of more complex conditions of the gut, urinary system, respiratory system and joints.
The advantages of digital radiography include :
- We can view the images instantly
- It is a lot faster than traditional film based radiography
- This means less discomfort for your beloved pet
- We can enhance images in a variety of ways to improve viewing
- Images are stored electronically for instant retrieval in the future if needed
- We avoid the chemicals used in the traditional developing process